The poor bull Sohan was flies and maggots were causing even greater agony as they swarmed around this horn. The open wound attracted hundreds of flies that lay eggs, which soon hatched into maggots that began eating into his flesh. The excruciating pain and torment from these hungry maggots were too much for Sohan to bear.When the volunteers of Animal Aid Unlimited found Sohan, they were shocked at the extent of his injury and the fly infestation. They knew they had to act fast to relieve him from this misery. They sedated Sohan to conduct wound treatment and remove all the maggots from his wound. They then treated the infected area and bandaged the wound to prevent more flies from laying eggs.Photos like these make it easy to imagine how small creatures like flies can end the life of a big strong bull. What a tremendous relief it was for the bull, and for all of them, to stop this fly infestation and give back this wonderful boy’s life.
Over the next few days, they monitored Sohan closely and continued medication and bandage changes. Thanks to their tireless efforts, they were able to stop this fly infestation and save Sohan’s leg. The volunteers were happy to give back this wonderful bull his life. Their kindness and compassion helped rescue Sohan from the throes of hellish agony and certain death.
They can’t wait to be able to show you the result of your healing help, and Sohan’s version of a smile.
Source: Animal Aid Unlimited